Privacy and Data Protection
The Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance is a charity registered in England and Wales Charity No 1017501, Registered Company number 02788157.
Ambucopter Trading Limited is a company registered in England and Wales – Registered Company number 03000395.
We are Registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office Data Protection Registration No. Z929487X.
This privacy and data protection statement explains our information practices, including how we use your information and how you can update it or unsubscribe. We will only collect and use information from you in line with this statement.
We can assure you that:
- We will protect and secure your personal information at all times and only use it in ways expected of us, when we need to.
- We will update you about our life-saving charity and keep you abreast of new developments within our service and fundraising activities.
- We will give you every opportunity to tell us how you prefer us to communicate with you, as well as how to opt out of any future communications and we will always action your requests promptly.
- We will never pass your information to other organisations for their marketing purposes.
- We will be diligent, respectful and careful when engaging with any person we know is, or whom we believe to be, vulnerable.
- We will always make it easy for you to contact us through our Data Protection Officer; email@example.com (full contact details given at the end of this document).
LNAACT may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page on a regular basis to make sure that you are happy with any changes that we have made.
Our Privacy Statement
1. How we collect your personal information
LNAACT will always aim to collect personal information directly from you. If you are a patient, you may be asked to provide our Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) operational team with personal information.
As a donor or supporter, you may give us personal information directly when you sign up for one of our events, make a donation, purchase items from our website or take part in our in-house lotteries.
If you apply for a job, apply to be a volunteer or enquire about our service, you may give us personal information.
Sometimes we may obtain or receive your personal information from a third party. For donors or supporters, examples of indirect data collection may include fundraising sites such as Just Giving and Virgin Money Giving, or from organisers of an event you are participating in. We want to assure you that LNAACT does not purchase personal information from third parties.
If you apply for a job or to be a volunteer, we may receive your personal information from a previous employer, recruitment agency or volunteer bureau.
2. What information do we collect?
The personal information that we collect from you will be dependent on the relationship that you have with us. The main reason we collect personal information is so that we can identify you, whether that be as a patient, donor, supporter, volunteer, job applicant or employee.
Such personal information that we may collect might include contact details such as your name, date of birth, postal address, email address and telephone number, as well as any other information you provide in correspondence between us. We may also hold a record of the communications we have with you.
In some circumstances we will need to collect bank or debit/credit card information. Financial information will only be collected if necessary. Such examples include participation in our in-house lottery or contributing to our cause by regular or one-off donations.
Personal information collected about patients may be used to help our HEMS operational team provide the best possible care.
3. How do we use personal information?
We primarily use your data to maintain, improve and develop the relationship that we have with you.
LNAACT may use donor or supporter information in the following ways:
– To process transactions, purchases or enquiries made by you.
– To verify your identity and identify you from other supporters.
– To use any feedback or comments from you to improve our service.
– To notify you of changes to our services.
– To improve our services or for marketing purposes.
– To send you a personal thank you letter for any contribution that you give to us.
– To send you communications which you have requested and/or that may be of interest to you; these may include information about our work, campaigns, appeals or other fundraising activities.
4. Your choices
We like to keep all our supporters up to date with information about our service. From time to time, we also like to send you marketing literature and suggestions of ways in which you may like to support us. You will have the opportunity to choose how we keep in touch (post, email, telephone and/or text) and you can change your preferences at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
As a charity that cares for its patients, we also care for those who support us and will always respect your wishes should you tell us that you no longer wish to hear from us.
5. Who has access to your information?
The personal information that we collect about you will be used by our staff to provide you with the highest level of supporter service. LNAACT may disclose personal information to:
– Selected organisations that provide services to LNAACT. For example, LNAACT engages with third party print and mailing houses, which are bound by our privacy standards, to print and distribute communications to our donors and supporters.
– Legal and regulatory authorities to comply with any legal obligations.
LNAACT has never, and will never, sell or share your personal information with other organisations to enable them to contact you for marketing purposes.
6. Security of personal information
LNAACT is fully aware of the importance of data security. All staff undergo data protection training to ensure the protection of your information. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both online and offline, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
LNAACT will always ensure that your data is not kept longer than necessary. We only keep personal information for as long as it is reasonable and necessary, which may be to fulfil statutory obligations set by legislation or professional bodies.
If you use your debit or credit card to donate to us online, over the phone, in person, or to make a purchase for merchandise, Christmas cards or a lottery membership, we will ensure that this is done securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. LNAACT does not store your debit or credit card details following the completion of your transaction.
Although most of the information we store and process stays within the UK, some information may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This may occur if, for example, one of our trusted partners uses a server located in a country outside the EEA. Whilst these countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK, we will take steps with the aim to ensure your privacy continues to be protected as outlined in this Privacy Statement.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Whilst we endeavour to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices adopted by these sites. This Privacy Statement does not cover the practices of those websites or advertisers.
7. Communication with LNAACT staff
Communication with LNAACT staff (including by telephone or email) may be monitored and/or recorded for training, quality control and compliance purposes to ensure that we continuously improve.
8. How to update or access your personal information
You may ask us at any time to update your details, remove information or correct information you think is inaccurate by contacting us:
– In writing: Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance HQ, HEMS Way, Sleaford Road (off the A15), Lincoln, LN4 2GW.
– By telephone: 01522 548469
– By email: email@example.com
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you. Your right of access is exercised in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Access to Health Records Act.
To request a copy of the personal information that LNAACT holds on you, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
– In writing: Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance HQ, HEMS Way, Sleaford Road, (off A15), Lincoln, LN4 2GW.
– By telephone: 01522 548469
– By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you visit our website for the first time, a cookie is downloaded onto your computer in the form of a small text (.txt) file via your browser. The next time you visit our website, your computer checks to see if it has a cookie that is relevant and sends the information contained in that cookie back to the website. Cookies do not cause or contain viruses.
The information we collect through cookies is anonymous and we are not able to attribute it to, or use it to identify, individuals. It does not contain your personal information.
It is possible to reject our cookies (except for the strictly necessary ones). Find out how to control and delete cookies by visiting aboutcookies.org – please note that if you choose to reject our cookies, our website may not work as intended for you.
10. Changes to our Privacy Statement
Our Privacy Statement is reviewed regularly to ensure it reflects how we use your information. Donors, supporters, volunteers, employees, patients and stakeholders are encouraged to regularly check this Privacy Statement to ensure they are kept up to date with our privacy working practices.
11. Further information
We are committed to protecting your personal information and ensuring that you have control not only over the information we store about you, but also what types of information you would like to receive from us.
For further information about our privacy practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
– In writing: Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance HQ, HEMS Way, Sleaford Road (off A15), Lincoln, LN4 2GW.
– By telephone: 01522 548469
– By email: email@example.com