Legacy & Major Donor Manager
Salary: Circa £30,000 (dependent on experience) plus benefits
Location: Bracebridge Heath, Lincoln
Closing date: Saturday 31st August 2019
Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance (LNAA) is undergoing an exciting period of growth and development in order to expand our Helicopter Emergency Medical Service. With a new Director of Fundraising & Communications recently in post, we are launching a new income generation strategy – a key part of which will be to develop our fundraising from major donors and gifts in wills.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The Legacy & Major Donor Manager will work with the Director of Fundraising & Communications on stabilising and increasing income from gifts in wills, and on developing a new major gifts programme. The post holder will sensitively develop relationships with potential legators and major donor prospects.
- Legacy fundraising:
- Review, revise and lead LNAA’s legacy fundraising strategy, developing long term legacy income projections.
- Develop and achieve legacy fundraising KPIs, working within agreed expenditure budgets.
- Analyse previous legacy results and trends among legators and potential legators to inform future strategy.
- Integrate sensitive legacy promotion into as much of LNAA’s work and communications as possible.
- Develop relationships with interested potential legators, maintaining GDPR compliant information on LNAA’s CRM database.
- Work with external agencies to promote legacy giving to LNAA.
- Review and develop the charity’s legacy materials.
- Work with legacy administration staff regarding the pipeline of legacies due, ensuring appropriate and efficient follow up.
- Major donor fundraising:
- Develop and lead a new major donor fundraising strategy with the support of the Director of Fundraising & Communications.
- Lead the solicitation of major gifts, involving trustees, senior staff and volunteers where appropriate.
- Using the CRM database and other GDPR appropriate research resources, discover (or rediscover) further major donor prospects and develop sustainable relationships with them.
- Develop and achieve major donor fundraising targets and non financial KPIs, working within agreed expenditure budgets.
- Warmly thank major donors for their contributions, reporting back to them and stewarding them in the period after each gift.
- Work with finance staff to ensure Gift Aid is claimed on major gifts where possible.
- Other requirements:
- Work with the PR & Marketing Manager to publicise appropriate testimonies from major donors, legacy pledgers, and the next of kin of legators, to encourage further such gifts.
- Work with Fundraising, Communications and Volunteering staff on wider initiatives involving legacies and major donors.
- Play an active role in discussing practical ways in which major gifts and legacies to the charity are acknowledged and celebrated.
- Keep abreast of developments in the major donor and legacy sectors, maintaining an awareness of relevant trends, news, events and legislation.
- Undertake additional duties which are consistent with the post as may be requested from time to time.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required. This job description does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Apply by sending a covering letter, indicating your salary expectations along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like an informal chat about the role please contact George Overton, Director of Fundraising & Communications, on 01522 548469.
Closing date: Saturday 31st August 2019. The application process may close early if a sufficient number of applications have been received.