There’s a clue in the word fundraising; ‘fun’ draising! So, what better way to help a lifesaving charity than by getting your friends, family and colleagues together and organising a fundraising event?! It could be a cake sale, an office dress down day or if you’re up for it, a black tie ball! No matter how big or small it will make a difference.
Remember, we need to raise £2.5million this year to keep our Ambucopter flying!
Our fundraising team can provide you with all the information and tools you need to make a great event and have a great time! To get involved email us: Fundraising@ambucopter.org.uk with your fundraising details.
Your main contacts for Fundraising:
In Lincolnshire: Faye Nam Tel: 01522 548 469, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Nottinghamshire: Karen Carter Tel: 01159 41 2255, email: email@example.com
There are lots of fundraising things you can do!
Here’s just a small list of ideas …
Get Sponsored: Hair-cuts / Head Shaves, Silences, Give up Something, Body Waxes, Baked Bean Baths, Sky Dives …
Get Competitive: Bake Offs, Quizzes, Danceathons, Dress ups and Dress Downs, Bike Rides, Running, Talent Shows …
Get Selling: Bring and Buys, Raffles, Services (e.g. car washes and gardening) …
Get Socialising: Balls, Concerts, Festivals, Coffee Mornings …
Fancy running for us in a big race such as the London Marathon or Great North Run? Before you book a place give our fundraising team a call; we may be able to offer you a place on our team!
Hosting an event? Here are some tips!
- Write down a list of things that need to be done before people start to arrive.
- It’s a great idea to try and get there early to make sure everything is ready to go.
Manage your team
- Let your helpers know what their responsibilities are for the day and make sure they have everything they need.
- Just remember will need to get parental permission if under 16s are helping at your event.
Don’t forget your camera!
- Remember to take lots of pictures as we love to see what people are doing to raise money for us!
- Just remember you will need to get parental permission if you’re taking photographs of children.
- If you are expecting lots of people, make sure the crowds and traffic are managed properly.
- If you are serving food and drink check that they have been prepared and served properly.
- Other things to consider are:
- Do you have a First Aider?
- Do you need / have a lost child point?
There will be more info like this in your Fundraising Tool Kit.
Be Aware: If you’re raising money for us and another charity at your event you must make it clear to the public. For example, all donation buckets must have all charity logos on. Due to this, you’ll understand why we can’t send t-shirts or donation buckets to joint fundraising events.
Because almost all of our income comes from the community, during the year we are involved in over 700 fundraising events! We are a small team and we need all the help we can get to raise £2.5 this year.
If you are thinking of fundraising for us or would like a talk, we’d love to hear from you. Make sure you let us know about your plans in plenty of time. The more time we have, the more publicity we can drum up for you.
We are delighted that people are prepared to give their time and talents to work hard on our behalf, so if you have done some fundraising get in touch to let us know how you got on. We understand that it takes time to collect sponsorship money, so don’t feel pressurised. But when you’re ready, we will be delighted to organise a formal presentation with you.
Ways you can donate
Send a cheque (made payable to LNAACT) to LNAACT House, Bentley Drive, Bracebridge Heath, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN4 2QW or Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance Nottinghamshire office, Unit 2 Chase Park, Daleside Road, Nottingham, NG2 4GT